Apr 26, 2017

ARC Review: This is Effortless by Kennedy Fox


Title: Checkmate: This is Effortless
Author: Kennedy Fox
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: April 25th, 2017
Publisher:  Self-Published
Courtney Bishop is as sugary sweet as her famous blueberry muffins. Southern belle at heart, Cali girl by choice. She barged into my life and easily became my best friend. All was great as roommates and just friends, but then I fell for the girl who could chop firewood, deliver baby calves, and bail hay without breaking a sweat. She's the perfect mixture of sugar and spice, and I love her. Being more than friends and trying to build our future isn't as easy as it sounds. Moving forward and creating memories is all I want for us, but when the past continues to come back and haunt me, I'm not so sure she'll stay for the ride. Loving her is easy, but losing her will break me. Burning passion combined with an undeniable chemistry constantly pushes and pulls us together. In the end, I'll prove we're worth the fight, even when the game is far from over. Checkmate, sweetheart.




Kennedy Fox writes romance that you can easily get addicted to with it's hotter than heck moments, engaging characters and even a few plot twists!

Kennedy Fox is yet again bringing the heat in this last installment of our second favorite couple, Courtney and Drew! I was so excited to receive an early copy of this book because I needed to see what would happen next after that shocking cliffhanger in the last book! The second it landed on my Kindle, I flew through it! For readers who are eager to start on Effortless, it's necessary to read This is Reckless before starting on this one. Drew and Courtney are introduced in the first books of the Checkmate series so if you'd like to start there, go for it!

As I said, Reckless ended on a major cliffhanger with Mia Freaking Montgomery and I was DYING to know what would happen next because woah! Even though I knew that girl was crazy, I didn't expect what had happened! I started reading Effortless at night and it was such a bad idea because the paranoia was so real! With our characters, I really enjoyed getting to go on another journey with them! They are fantastic couple - the banter, the humor, their chemistry and the sexy times had me smiling a lot as I read. Their relationship was really tested a lot throughout the book due to what they were dealing with so it was interesting to see how they worked through it all.

Although there were a lot of things I enjoyed about Effortless, there were also a few things that I didn't like. I felt like there was a lot of overboard cheesiness and predictable aspects of the story which was a bit of a turnoff for me to fully enjoy the book. Not only that, but there was also the thing about some important issues not being fully addressed which made it feel unrealistic. But even though there were some aspects of the book I didn't enjoy, there was a lot of things I did.

Overall, Checkmate: This is Effortless was a great read that I flew through in no time. Kennedy Fox writes romance that you can easily get addicted to with it's hotter than heck moments, engaging characters and even a few plot twists! I'm already anticipating the next in two books in the Checkmate series, Kayla and Logan's stories!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!