Apr 17, 2017

ARC Review: The Thing About Love by Julie James


Title: The Thing About Love
Author: Julie James
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: April 18th, 2017
Publisher: Berkley Romance
FBI agents Jessica Harlow and John Shepherd have a past. The former lawyer and cocky Army ranger clashed during their training at Quantico, gladly going their separate ways after graduating from the Academy. Six years later, the last thing either of them expects is to run into each other again–assigned to work as partners in a high-profile undercover sting. For both of them, being paired with a former rival couldn’t come at a worse time. Recently divorced from a Hollywood producer and looking for a fresh start, Jessica is eager to prove herself at her new field office. And John is just one case away from his dream assignment to the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team. In order to nail a corrupt Florida politician, they’ll have to find a way to work as a team–a task that becomes even trickier when they’re forced to hole up at a romantic, beachfront resort as part of the investigation. Suddenly, the heat behind their nonstop sparring threatens to make the job a whole lot more complicated. . .


The Thing About Love was a swoon-worthy, laugh-out-loud, and sexy read that is perfect for the upcoming summer!


After hearing so many raves about Julie James, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy of her upcoming release, The Thing About Love - and I'm so glad I did! It was funny, it was sexy, and it was downright bad ass and I loved every minute of it! As a fan of enemies-to-lovers novels, I flew through this one without even stopping, it was that good! 

Both John and Jessica were amazing characters that I loved from the very beginning. Both intelligent, confident, bad ass, and had such great personalities and when you pair the two up, it was a whirlwind of chemistry, pent up aggression from the previous years, and not to mention the sexual tension. Oh boy, the sexual tension was intense and HOT! After six years, it was fun to see the two get thrown together as partners and see how their relationship formed from enemies to lovers and I was basically heart eyes through it all.

The Thing About Love was a swoon-worthy, laugh-out-loud, and sexy read that is perfect for the upcoming summer. This is my first read from Julie James and I'm positive it won't be the last! If you're a fan of swoon worthy heroes and enemies to lovers romances, pick this one up!










3 comments :

  1. Great Review. I am picking this one up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having an eye on this book. I want to give it a try as soon as I finish the one I'm currently reading.
    Anyway, awesome review. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing this cover around in so many places that I just know I am probably going to end up reading this one soon. So glad you could love it - the heated scenes included ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!