Mar 14, 2017

Book Review: What I Need by J. Daniels


Title: What I Need
Author: J. Daniels
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: March 5th, 2017
Publisher:  Self-Published
Riley Tennyson has made a huge mistake. At least, that’s what she keeps telling herself. Showing up to her brother’s wedding pissed off and newly single, Riley seeks comfort in solitude and an open bar, until the gorgeous and irresistibly charming CJ Tully makes her a better offer―a wild night with the master of smooth-talking where nothing is off limits. Riley does what any single woman would do, and a connection is made. One neither one of them can ignore. But when she comes home to the boyfriend she no longer thought she had, Riley buries her secret and begs CJ to do the same. Forget about each other. It was a mistake. That’s all it was… right? Desires are hidden. Distance is kept. Until one night CJ makes the ultimate sacrifice, and Riley can no longer avoid the man she can’t stop thinking about. Not with him sleeping down the hall…



 J. Daniels has made 2017 the best year yet with the release of her latest book in the Alabama Summer series and it is hotter than ever! What I Need was a story of pure perfection - filled humor, heartbreak, love, and so much more, this book will leave you reeling!

What I Need tells of Riley Tennyson, fellow Bama Boy Reed's sister and Officer CJ Tully, her brother's friend who meet at Reed's wedding rehearsal. The two end up being paired together at the weeding and Riley finds comfort in that after going through a problem at home hours before arriving. The two end up being paired up in the bed as well as they can't seem to fight off the chemistry they both have for each other. The weekend goes by a blur and the paradise comes to an end. Even though they have a chemistry like no other, Riley decides it's best to be just friends, even though CJ wants more. But he hasn't given up just yet...

J. Daniels has made 2017 the best year yet with the release of her latest book in the Alabama Summer series and it is hotter than ever! What I Need was a story of pure perfection - filled humor, heartbreak, love, and so much more, this book will leave you reeling. This novel was on my most anticipated reads of this year and I'm so happy that I got the chance to read it because boy, oh boy, was this book HOT! Ben has always been my favorite out of the Bama Boys but I think CJ has officially taken that spot now!!

Riley has never been treated the way a woman always should be by a man and CJ treated her like a queen throughout the book and I swear, a smile was always on my face because of these two. I absolutely adored both Riley and CJ, especially when they were together. Their relationship was so fun to read about with their quirky banter, the secrets they shared with one another, their laugh-out-loud joke and pick up lines, there was never a moment where these two wouldn't make you smile or laugh.

Can we just take a second to gush about CJ Tully though? That man was a dream come true! Seriously, if you want to be swooned, then pick this novel up. CJ had me swooning, smiling and giggling left and right! With Riley, although I liked her, I was a little bit up and down with her. There were parts in the book that I adored her and other parts in the book that irked me to my core. I understood some of the things she did, but one thing that just made me roll my eyes was the whole "I can't tell my brother" aspect of the story. Other than that, it really was an enjoyable read for me and I'm excited to read the next book in the series!

What I Need was exactly what I needed to start the month of March of with - a sizzling hot romance, two characters that you won't want to stop rooting for, and an ending that will leave your heart feeling warm! This is definitely a must-read for fans of Alice Clayton, Kendall Ryan, and Kennedy Fox!











No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!