Mar 19, 2017

Book Review: A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner


Title: A Love Letter to Whiskey
Author: Kandi Steiner
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: September 25th, 2017
Publisher:  Self-Published
It’s crazy how fast the buzz comes back after you’ve been sober for so long. Whiskey stood there, on my doorstep, just like he had one year before. Except this time, there was no rain, no anger, no wedding invitation — it was just us. It was just him — the old friend, the easy smile, the twisted solace wrapped in a glittering bottle. It was just me — the alcoholic, pretending like I didn’t want to taste him, realizing too quickly that months of being clean didn’t make me crave him any less. But we can’t start here. No, to tell this story right, we need to go back. Back to the beginning. Back to the very first drop. This is my love letter to Whiskey. I only hope he reads it.



 Kandi Steiner has delivered us a novel that will tear your heart open, try to piece it back together and tear it open yet again. This story is full of angst, tension, and heart-wrenching moments, it is a love story like no other of two people always finding their way back to each other.


One day, whether you are 14, 28 or 65, you will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that cannot die. However, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find- is they are not always with whom we spend our lives. -Beau Tapilin


A Love Letter to Whiskey was one of the most heart-wrenching books I've read this year so far. I went into this book completely terrified of how I would come out of it and by the middle of it, I knew I was going to need a few shots of whiskey myself. This was the first ever book I've read from Steiner and I have to say, I am amazed by this authors talent for words. Her writing was effortlessly lyrical, stringing the readers along with her beautiful story and I was entranced by it all.

"I was completely wasted, and all I wanted was to feel this way forever."

Jamie and B were two characters who were so perfectly flawed, both together and on their own, that you couldn't help but be invested in them and their story. Everything they went through, anger, sadness, heartache, the author made sure that the reader felt those same exact feelings and I was gutted throughout the majority of the book. Jamie was a character that you could easily get addicted to - he was a mixture of sweet and addicting, a guy you can easily adore and fall head over heels in love with. B was such a strong and intelligent woman who kept getting knocked down by the waves of life and I sympathized with her so much. We saw her character through many parts of her life, through her ups and downs and it definitely wasn't an easy ride for her. But she was determined to make her dreams come true and I admired her for that!

"They say timing is everything, and I was beginning to learn that timing was everything but kind to Jamie and me."

A Love Letter to Whiskey is a novel I can't recommend enough. Kandi Steiner has delivered us a novel that will tear your heart open, try to piece it back together and tear it open yet again. This story is full of angst, tension, and heart-wrenching moments, it is a love story like no other of two people always finding their way back to each other. Although I should advise if you decide to pick up this novel...definitely keep a bottle of whiskey and tissues near by because reading this will literally have your heart in pieces.










No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!