Feb 10, 2017

Book Review: A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart


Title: A Thousand Letters
Author: Staci Hart
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, New Adult
Release Date: January 31st, 2016
Publisher:  Staci Hart
Sometimes your life is split by a single decision. I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them. But now he’s back. I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid. Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance. One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him. *A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*





It was the perfect modern day love story inspired by Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' and I couldn't put it down for anything.


A Thousand Letters follows two people long lost lovers, Wade and Elliot who were high school sweethearts. After Wade graduated from high school, he enrolled into the army, thinking Elliot would follow him wherever he ended up being deployed to. But life throws their plan a curve ball and Eliot decides that running off and leaving everything behind isn't the best idea and for seven years, that has been her biggest regret. Seven years have passed since that day that Wade had begged her to come with him, begged her to marry him. Seven years have passed since Elliot wrote him hundreds of letters, yet no response back.

But with news that Wade's father and Elliot's mentor/father figure is dying of cancer and only has a few weeks to live, the two lost souls find their way back to each other in the most heartbreaking way. Even after years apart and in the most terrible situation, their flame is still lit. Are they both able to put the past behind them and find their second chance?

Addicting, heart-wrenching, amazing...those are just some of the words that I can think of that describes this novel to a T. Staci Hart is one of those authors that you can't help but get excited about. I've only recently discovered her works, but with the few titles that I've read from her, I've fallen in love. A Thousand Letters? More like a thousand broken hearts because this book literally did just that to me. The characters, the writing style, the words...this book was everything that I could have asked for. It was the perfect modern day love story inspired by Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' and I couldn't put it down for anything. A second chance romance where both characters are still broken and lost until they come back together? MY HEART. 

The characters were something I really loved about this book. Even though Wade was gone for seven years, and Elliot wasn't related to any of them, they were all still so close with each other and you could see that they always counted and supported one another. Even though at times some of the characters overreacted or acted childish, you could see that they still stuck together through it all. Wade and Elliot...these two broke my heart. Both characters have been through so much and seeing them come together in such a heartbreaking situation left me in tears. These two were perfect for each other and I was rooting for them through every second of the book!

All in all, this was the perfect modern day love story inspired by Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' that I never knew I needed. This book had it all: love, loss, forgiveness, and second chances. This novel is not one to be missed!












1 comment :

  1. HI! your review is spot on! A thousand Letters is an awesome book! I couldn't put it down! My heart broke for Wade and Elliot, and I cheered at the end when they finally found what they were looking for! :)

    What else have you read by Staci Hart?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!