Jan 3, 2017

| Review | London Belongs to Me by Jaquelyn Middleton


Title: London Belongs to Me
Author: Jacquelyn Middleton
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: October 14th, 2016
Publisher:  Kirkwall Books
A New City A New Start. Same Old Demons. Your flight is now boarding! Join Alex Sinclair for a life-changing, trans-Atlantic journey. London Belongs to Me is a coming-of-age story about friendship, following your dreams, and learning when to let go … and when to hang on. Meet Alex, a recent college graduate from Tallahassee, Florida in love with London, pop culture, and comic cons. It’s not easy being twenty-one-years-old, and Alex has never been the most popular girl. She’s an outsider, a geeky fangirl … with dreams of becoming a playwright in a city she’s loved from afar, but never visited. Fleeing America after a devastating betrayal, she believes London is where she’ll be understood, where she belongs. But Alex’s past of panic attacks and broken relationships is hard to escape. When her demons team up with a jealous rival determined to destroy her new British life, Alex begins to question everything: her life-long dream, her new friends, and whether London is where she truly belongs.




A story about a girl going on the adventure of her life while trying to find her place in the world is a story that will connect with many.


London Belongs to Me tells of a recent college graduate who dreams of being a playwright. After being betrayed by two people she thought she could trust, she packs everything up and moves London to try and pursue the career she always wanted. Upon arrival in London, her luggage gets lost, she finds out that her roommate's girlfriend is the devil in pink clothing and everything seems to not be working out in her favor. Being the optimistic person she is, she carries on and tries to see the bright side of things. But things soon start to take a turn for worse and Alex is left wondering if London is really where she belongs...

I am so happy I picked this novel up - it was the perfect, fun read I needed to start the new year off! The writing style was easy and quick to get into and I didn't even want to put the book down at all. With the author being British herself, it was fun to see the British slang being thrown in here and there throughout the pages. One thing that really grabbed at me was how Middleton brought her story to life with her vivid descriptions of London. I've never been there before but reading the book made me feel as I had and it made me even more excited for my own trip to London after graduation!

Alex was such a fun, geeky and just a sweet person that you couldn't stop yourself from admiring, especially seeing her struggle through her first few months in her new home, but still managing to keep her head held high. As a fangirl myself, I could easily relate to Alex and her adoration of Doctor Who (not a fan myself but am a fan of many other things...*cough* Gilmore Girls! *cough*) so that was for sure an aspect I loved about our main character. Overall, her character was one of my favorites in the book, but there were also some side characters that I couldn't help but fall in love with as well. The author did a wonderful job in weaving the characters together, showing us their stories and making us understand what they did.

London Belongs to Me is a heartwarming story that every fangirl should read. A story about a girl going on the adventure of her life while trying to find her place in the world is a story that will connect with many. This book is for sure already at the top of my faves for 2017!













3 comments :

  1. I'm glad to see that you liked this one! It sounds pretty good. :) Great review!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was! If you ever happen to pick it up soon, do let me know because I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. I love books about different countries and traveling, because it just ends up filling me head to toe in wanderlust. I know that this one is set in London, which is actually my home city, so maybe it will have a different effect for me. I hope you love your trip to London though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!