Dec 5, 2016

#DestroyYourTBR - London Belongs to Me by Jacquelyn Middleton


Title: London Belongs to Me
Author: Jacquelyn Middleton
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Chick-Lit
Release Date: October 14th, 2016
Publisher: Kirkwall Books
A New City A New Start. Same Old Demons. Your flight is now boarding! Join Alex Sinclair for a life-changing, trans-Atlantic journey. London Belongs to Me is a coming-of-age story about friendship, following your dreams, and learning when to let go … and when to hang on. Meet Alex, a recent college graduate from Tallahassee, Florida in love with London, pop culture, and comic cons. It’s not easy being twenty-one-years-old, and Alex has never been the most popular girl. She’s an outsider, a geeky fangirl … with dreams of becoming a playwright in a city she’s loved from afar, but never visited. Fleeing America after a devastating betrayal, she believes London is where she’ll be understood, where she belongs. But Alex’s past of panic attacks and broken relationships is hard to escape. When her demons team up with a jealous rival determined to destroy her new British life, Alex begins to question everything: her life-long dream, her new friends, and whether London is where she truly belongs.


With the Christmas holiday now here, I've been in desperate need of some cute chick-lit romances. So, imagine my excitement when I came across Jacquelyn Middleton's debut novel, LONDON BELONGS TO ME. A story about new adventures and challenges as well as new friendships and love, this book sounds like the perfect holiday read. 

Today I'm here to #DestroyYourTBR with a new book recommendation so get ready for some reasons on why I'm excited for this book and why you should be too!


Chick-Lit Romance - Exactly what I mean by the title. I adore chick-lit romances so obviously I had to add this one to my TBR. Plus, can we just look at that cover? Doesn't it scream a cute romance story awaits inside those pages? Cue the heart eyes!

New Adventures in London - If you know me then you know that one of my dreams is to visit London. So when I saw that our MC jets off to London for a new adventure, you can bet your butt I was excited to pick this one up! 

Blurbed by my Fave Author - When I saw that one of my favorite authors, Andrea Dunlop, author of Losing the Light, blurbed Middleton's debut novel, I got even more excited for it! Check out what she had to say for LONDON BELONGS TO ME:

"London Belongs to Me is a delight. A sweet, nostalgic debut that will transport readers to those first heady days of being on one's own in the great wide world." (Andrea Dunlop, author of ‘Losing the Light’)


LONDON BELONGS TO ME released back in October and I'm so excited for my copy to arrive! Check out the links below to get your own for this Christmas and let me know your thoughts on this debut title in the comments!

| Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Indigo | Kobo |  




I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday. 

Jacquelyn Middleton is an award-winning freelance writer with articles published by several of the most popular magazines, newspapers, and websites in North America including USA Today, Canadian Living, Best Health, Psychology Today, National Geographic Travel, the Toronto Star, Reader's Digest, Chatelaine, Today's Parent, and Flare. She previously worked in television broadcasting, and lives in Toronto. When she's not writing, you can find her hanging out in London, waiting in a comic con line with her husband, or chasing after her bossy Schipperke. LONDON BELONGS TO ME is her first novel.

CONNECT WITH JACQUELYN MIDDLETON! 








No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!