Aug 1, 2016

| Release Review | The Summer Games: Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey - I'm Addicted to You


Title: The Summer Games: Out of Bounds
Author: R.S. Grey
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Sports
Release Date: August 1st, 2016
Publisher:  Self-Published
I despise Erik Winter. He’s arrogant and cruel—a man I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy—and by some twisted turn of fate, he’s my new Olympic gymnastics coach. I’ve had to contend with gruff coaches in the past, but Erik is far worse. His stern demeanor complements a body built for intimidation, and his reprimands come from a mouth so cunning, I know it could strip me of my defenses—if I let it. Though each of us would love to be rid of the other forever, we are bound to each other by need and necessity. I’m his rising star, his best shot at proving himself to his critics. And without a coach, I have zero chance of winning gold in Rio. The easiest way forward would be to wave a white flag and make peace with the man I’ll be sharing close quarters with for the foreseeable future, but he is intent on war. Fine. By. Me. If he pushes me, I’ll push back harder. If he wants to test me, to play with my head, I’ll show him just how many boundaries I’m willing to cross. Because I know it’s not a choice between winning or warring—not if you can have them both. At the end of it all, I plan on leaving Rio with gold around my neck and his icy heart in the palm of my hand.



R.S. Grey is bringing the heat in the second installment of The Summer Games! With a blend of sports, sexy and laugh-out-loud scenes, and characters you can't help but fall in love with,  ― what's not to love about this book?


Out of Bounds tells of Brie Watson, the new and upcoming gymnast who has left the world in awe of her talent and ability to win competitions without fail. As the the daughter of a single, hard working mother who sacrificed everything for Brie and her gymnastics, Brie is determined to win all gold at the Olympics. Soon she heads out to Seattle to meet up with her team and new coach, Erik Winter. The meeting between Brie and Erik isn't all smooth sailing and they both end up butting heads on multiple occasions. However, Brie can't help being entranced by the mysterious and dark Erik and Erik can't help but be intrigued by Brie and her fiery attitude. Although their relationship is off limits, that doesn't stop the two from heating it up off the mats.

If you know me, then you know that I adore the New Adult genre. You'd also know that I am a huge fan of anything by R.S. Grey and Out of Bounds has to be my new favorite from her! This installment of The Summer Games definitely is something I've never read before from Grey. It had a much darker, toxic vibe to it and I was a bit surprised with how much heat it had in it as well. But, you aren't getting any complaining from me because I enjoyed every minute of this book! Can we also talk for a second on how the cover model is the perfect Erik? I need a physical copy of this book just so I can admire him on my shelf!

With the characters in the story, they were definitely flawed, in many ways. With Brie, she's the heroine that you can't help but root for. Smart, quirky, feisty and funny, I could relate to her on a huge level. There were times where I also felt frustrated with her. She would be hot and cold, baiting and acting immature with Erik, just to get under his skin. Erik wasn't a saint either and he would be just as bad as Brie. But, these characters felt real to me and I could understand why they acted the way they did, based on their past and what they went through in life. I sympathized with them a lot throughout the story and in the end, they were the perfect couple because of how similar they were and how they made each other better by just helping or challenging one another, even if at times they acted like assholes.

In the story we also got to meet small handful of secondary characters and eeeep! I loved almost every one of them! Rosie was the sweet and innocent one out of all them and Lexi (now one of my fave secondary characters from Grey's books!!) was the crazy and down-right hilarious of the bunch. We also got to see a little something brewing between Rosie and another athlete so I'm hoping we get to see more of them in the future! *wink wink, Rachel!*

THE SUMMER GAMES: OUT OF BOUNDS is the sports romance that you've been desperately looking for! It's the binge reading, hotter than the hottest jalapeño and sprinkled with a generous dose of humor kind of book and you don't want to miss out on it! R.S. Grey created a delicious, addictive read and I guarantee that this story won't disappoint!


Have you ever read a book from R.S. Grey? Do you plan to? What are some of your favorite New Adult genres? Let me know down in the comments below!


Stay Bookish,







No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!