| Review | Unbreak my Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn - We Found Love in a Hopeless Place


Title: Unbreak my Heart
Author: Nicole Jacquelyn
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Adult
Release Date: June 7th, 2016
Publisher:  Forever Romance
What do you do when your soul mate marries your best friend?

If you're Kate Evans, you keep your friend Rachel, bond with her kids, and bury your feelings for her husband. The fact that Shane's in the military and away for long periods helps-but when tragedy strikes, everything changes.

After Rachel, pregnant with her fourth child, dies in a car accident and the baby miraculously survives, Kate upends her entire life to share parenting duties. Then on the first anniversary of Rachel's death, Kate and Shane take comfort in each other in a night that they both soon regret.

Shane's been angry for a year, and now he feels guilty too - for sleeping with his wife's best friend and liking it . . . liking her. Kate's ability to read him like a book may have once sent Shane running, but their lives are forever entwined and they are growing closer.


Now with Shane deployed for seven months, Kate is on her own and struggling with being a single parent. Shane is loving and supportive from thousands of miles away, but his homecoming brings a betrayal Kate never saw coming. So Kate's only choice is to fight for the future she deserves - with or without Shane. . .


Unbreak my Heart literally did the opposite by breaking mine. This book is full of heartache, love and second chances and I wasn't able to put it down for a second!


Unbreak my Heart tells of Kate, who is best friends with the woman who ended up marrying Kate's long time crush, Shane. Kate has brushed aside her feelings for Shane as she steps in to take care of Rachel and the three kids, with one on the way, while Shane is away on deployment in the military. When tragedy strikes the family, Kate is there for the kids 24/7. As the year goes by, things start to change in the Anderson household and Kate and Shane are getting closer by the day and soon they'll be sharing a bond that was unexpected in many ways. 

Before I picked this book up, I was in a major reading funk. I couldn't get into any book, no matter how good it sounded. That was until I started Nicole's latest release. This novel gripped me from the first page and I couldn't put it down till I finished. I read this book in two sittings -- that's how hooked I was! Best decision ever to pick this one up, that's for sure!

This novel broke my heart into two and then slowly mended it back together in the best possible way as the story progressed. The author had a way of capturing you into the book and letting you feel every single emotion that each character was feeling and that's what I enjoyed most about it. I could sympathize with Kate and I felt bad for the situation's she was put in at times. I also felt bad for Shane with having to deal with the loss of his wife. Throughout the story, we get to see that Kate's feeling's for Shane never left, however, Shane still wanted nothing to do with her and throughout half of the book, she was treated like a doormat -- something I majorly disliked.

Kate was definitely a likable character with her sass and quick wit as well as how great she was with the kids. I did feel bad for her because she gave up most of her life and instead focused on making sure she was there for her best friend and the kids and yet she ends up getting treated like crap from Shane most of the time. Kate was like a second mother to the kids and it made all of my feels squirm with how cute they were together. With Shane on the other hand, my patience definitely was running low with him. I understand he had been through a lot with being in foster care and the loss of Rachel, but it gave no excuse to treat someone as bad as he treated Kate. In the end, he redeemed himself and I was happy with the book's ending. Even with that aspect, I'm still looking forward to the next book in the series!

Unbreak my Heart is a story that is a never ending roller coaster. It will break your heart, yet mend it together all at once. If you're looking for an addictive and gripping read, this novel is for you!



What are your thoughts? Will you be picking this one up or have you already? Let me know down in the comments below! 



Stay Stylish & Bookish,


2 comments

  1. Oh my God! This book sounds amazing and your review has definitely intrigued me! I can't wait to read this. Loved your review!

    - Poulami Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I found the whole concept of the book interesting and that's what drew me to it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams