| ARC Review | Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris - Not Everything Is As It Seems


Title: Behind Closed Doors
Author: B.A. Paris
Genre: Fiction, Thriller, Mystery
Release Date: August 9th, 2016
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press
Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love. Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim? And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows? The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?


In Behind Closed Doors, Paris pulls you right into her world of heart pounding and thrilling twists of lies and secrets and keeps you in her grip till the very end. 


Behind Closed Doors tells of Grace and Jack, the perfect power couple. Grace is an elegant and charming housewife who comes off as having it all with her beauty, her gorgeous house and not to mention her handsome husband who only has his eyes and heart for her. Jack is every woman's dreams - a lawyer out to defend women of abuse from their spouses, his charm, his loyalness to Grace and to the people he cares for, and many other great qualities.  In just a short amount of time, Millie, Grace's younger sister who has Down's syndrome will be moving in with them, expanding their little family. To everyone, they look happy and on top of the world. But not everything is as it seems. We get to see just exactly what happens behind closed doors...

I have never once read a book that kept me on the edge of my seat like this one has. From the very first page to the last, I was hooked. I binge read it from 12AM till 4AM, not wanting to tear my eyes away from the screen for a second - it was that good. From the start, Paris's writing gripped me and I loved how everything was so detailed and set at the perfect pace. The story was told from Grace's POV and it was set in both the past and present, letting us see how the everything was set in motion with Jack and Grace's relationship. As we got to see the story unfold, let me tell you, I was at the edge of my bed, trying to quiet down my squeaks and gasps of shock and fear of what would happen next. All I have to say is...Paris truly did hit the bulls-eye at capturing the reader and making them want to binge read in just a single sitting!

With our main character, Grace, I found her to be a very likeable and pleasant character. She was kind, she was elegant and classy, (as much as you can be in her situation), and she strongly cared and loved her sister. Although there were at times where I would shake my head at Grace because she didn't think things through, I really did like her, which made me feel sorry for her and the disturbing predicament she was in. 

I won't be saying much on Jack as to avoid spoiling anyone, but I will say one thing - Paris created the most disturbing, rotten character I've ever met and I couldn't be more in awe of him, as weird as that sounds. The author created a character that she made sure you would want to hate with a passion and I think that was the best part of this entire story. If you decide to pick this one up, I'm positive you'll understand what I mean!

Behind Closed Doors is a creepy and addictive story that will leave you at the edge of your seat with anxiety running through your entire body as you try to flip to the next page. Full of twists and turns and scenes that will cause your eyes to pop out in shock, Paris's debut novel is one not to be missed. If you're looking to binge read on a book this summer, this one is a must!


What are your thoughts on murder/thriller novels? Yay or nay? If yay, what are some of your favorites? Will you be picking this one up? Let me know down in the comments below!


Stay Stylish & Bookish,



2 comments

  1. This seems amazing! I'd never heard of it, but I'll definitely add it to my to-read list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! And yay!!! It was one of the best thrillers I've ever read and I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams