| Review | Forsworn by Emily Wibberley - Kick Butt, Take Names Later!


Title: Forswon (Book Two of The Last Oracle Series)
Author: Emily Wibberely
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Action
Release Date: June 27th, 2015
Publisher:  Self-Published
Clio can see the future, but what she doesn’t know about her past could destroy her.It’s been a year since Clio made her sacrifice to the Deities and embraced her destiny as the Oracle to save her people.The only family she has left is a brother who wants her dead.The prince, her oldest friend, is a king with his own agenda.And the man who once loved her, now hates her.All she can do is try to forget about Riece, the enemy commander whose heart she broke to save his life, as she serves the Deities. Her days are filled with Visions and bloodshed in a never-ending war against the Untouched. To add to her problems, she must pose as King Derik’s mistress to conceal her forbidden powers from the Emperor’s spies.When Riece unexpectedly returns to Sheehan with a new and beautiful ally, Clio knows she must put him out of her mind once and for all, but first, they are thrust together into battle against a mysterious Untouched warrior with otherworldly power. To reclaim her city, she must team up with the man she hurt, the man she still loves but can never be with, and finally confront the questions about her origin—questions with answers that Clio may not be prepared to face.





There is no denying the fact that Emily Wibberley is taking the fantasy and action genre by storm with this thrilling, action packed series! This author is one you don't want to miss!

Due to this being the second book of the series and since I am not one for spoiling other readers, I have blanked out a paragraph of my review to avoid spoiling you. Also be advised that the synopsis above does contain spoilers for the first book, so read at your own risk! Note: Drag your mouse over the blank space to view the hidden paragraph, if you'd like.

Not long ago, I was given the chance to read the first book in this series, Sacrificed. I had absolutely nothing but good things to say about it and I was thrilled to be given the chance to read the second book of the series, Forsworn and let me tell you: this book did not disappoint! From it's stunning cover, to it's intriguing synopsis, to the very words on the pages, everything about it was spectacular and it will certainly be at the top of my favorites list for a very, very long time.

***SPOILERS START HERE****In this second installment of the series, Clio's story continues. It has been a year since since she made the sacrifice to the Deities and embraced her destiny as the Oracle. She also must pose as King Derik's mistress to protect herself and her powers from the Emperor's spies. Recently, her visions from the Deities have been filled with nothing but blood and war from the Untouched, who continue to reek havoc through the cities. But soon after, Clio is touched with an unknown mark that threatens her visions and soon her city and loved ones are now unprotected and in danger. To make matters worse, Riece, the man whose heart she broke to save his life, has returned to Sheehan and he has brought a beautiful young woman by his side, a woman he is betrothed to. But, in order to save her city, she must put her feelings behind her and work together with Riece to go face to face with the hard truth of her origin - something she might not truly be prepared for...****SPOILERS END HERE****

Even better than the first book, Wibberley's writing style captured me from the very beginning. Straightforward and exact, she created an exciting, fast-paced and thrilling story that once again intrigued me from the very beginning and I am positive it will capture even the most reluctant of readers. The author also had a way of connecting you to the story just by the descriptions of her world. From the city of Sheehan to the characters profiles, I could perfectly picture every detail in my head and I absolutely loved that when reading this book.

With our main character, Clio is an such extremely compelling character and easy to connect with due to her fierce intelligence, determination and strength, physically and spiritually. Clio's situation's was one that left me intrigued, yet sympathetic and I am without a doubt sure that other readers will feel the same way. Clio's bravery, maturity, and grace under such horrific and shocking moments also captivated me. Wibberely gracefully captured each of those moments in precise and agonizing detail until Clio's every emotion and thought begin to feel as though they were my own.

One of the last aspects that I loved about this book was that even though this series has romance, it doesn't make it an important priority. Yes, there certainly is romance and there is definitely some steamy scenes, but the author didn't make it an major part of the book and that's what made me love it even more. I wanted a series with a true kick ass heroine, a girl who was strong, passionate and intelligent and didn't rely on a man or change herself for him, and that's exactly what I got and I couldn't be more happy about it! 

Forsworn was a riveting and thrilling novel, one that will surely leave you anxious to see what happens next at almost every page. This series is one that I guarantee you don't want to miss out on!




What are your thoughts on this series? Interested or no? Have you already read the series? What were your thoughts? I'd love to hear what you think so let me know down in the comments below!



Happy reading!


1 comment

  1. I might pick this one up too. I read Sacrificed recently, and while I liked it well enough, I didn't really love it. But you made the sequel sound so amazing, that I actually might pick it up. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams