'Tis the Season to be Thankful For...



Over the past few years, Thanksgiving has come to be one of my favorite holidays, not only because of the delicious food that I get to whip up every year, but because it  reminds me of the things I'm thankful for and sometimes even the things that I take for granted. As I grow older and as I am put through challenges in life, I always remind myself to be thankful of what I already have, and to always think positive. This past year it's been absolutely crazy for me. I got to go see my family and I's dream home, I'm expanding my cooking in the kitchen by trying new recipes, I've finally gotten my sister to share my love for books, I started my own debut author street team and so many more great things happened. This year has just been amazing in many ways and I have so much to be thankful for. 

'Tis the season to be thankful for my family - Family is the most important thing in life. I grew up never meeting my extended family so knowing that my parents, my siblings and I are close and always there for each other, it means a lot to me because I know they'll always have my back and I'll have theirs. I'm thankful for the way my parents support me in my choices, they give great advice when I need it and they always do what's best for me...even when I'm not so glad about it. (I know ya'll are reading this and I hope you guys know I love you for everything that you do.) I'm also thankful for my sister and brothers. Although you guys are a major pain half the time, I love you and I can't thank you enough for the amount of times you have made me laugh and helped me through things. 

'Tis the season to be thankful for my health - Days before today, I was perfectly okay and super excited for Thanksgiving, only to be thrown into a haze of sickness along with my family. Thankfully, we are all better now and able to celebrate the wonderful holiday with laughter, joy and delicious food!

'Tis the season to be thankful for my friends - Over the past year, I've grown close with my girls, Tika @ Fangirl Confessions, Blessie @ Mischievous Reads and Erin @ The Hardcover Lover. I am so thankful for you guys because you have been there for me since day one. We've gone through a lot together in just this year entirely and we continue to bond over so many things and you always seem to make me laugh every time we talk. Thank you for everything chicas! <3

'Tis the season to be thankful for publicists - Not too long ago, I recently started to get into ARC/book requesting and during that time, I've met so many wonderful publicists. I want to say a huge thank you to Michelle Cashman over at St. Martin's Press, Megan at Harper Collins, and all the other publicists that have sent me books and that have let me help promote and support authors in so many ways. You ladies are amazing and I can't thank you enough for what you do for me and other bookworms out there! 

'Tis the season to be thankful for authors - This year I was able to open up a debut author program/street team and because of that, I met SO many wonderful debut authors. I want to say a huge thank to every single author that I mention here: Darcy Woods, Laurie E. Flynn, Catherine Lo, Kim Savage, Nicole Castroman, Janet B. Taylor, Marisa Reichardt, Kali Wallace, Mackenzi Lee, Stephanie Garber, Marci Lynn Curtis, Julie Eshbaugh, Shannon M. Parker, Kathleen Glasgow, Emily Henry, Katie Kennedy, Sarah Glenn Marsh, Erin L. Schneider, Brittany Cavallaro, Heidi Heilig, Ava Jae, Tara Sim, Melissa Gorzelanczyk, Jenn Nguyen, Kerry Kletter, Jenny Moyer, Traci Chee, Jennifer Mason-Black, Michelle Andreani, Margot Harrison, E. Katherine Kottaras, Kristy Acevado, Jessica Cluess, Kelly Zekas, Emily Skrutskie, Jenny Manzer, Emily Martin, Roshani Chokshi, Sonya Mukherjee, Lygia Day PeƱaflor, Michelle Modesto,  & Ashley Herring Blake.

You guys are absolutely amazing in so many ways and I can't thank you enough for the support you have given me for everything. It has been so wonderful to get to know each and every one of you and I adore you all to bits! 

'Tis the season to be thankful for my readers - It's now been almost a year and a half since I've started blogging and there are no words to describe how thankful I am to each and every single one of you: my readers. You guys have made this experience beyond amazing and I appreciate it when you guys take the time to read my thoughts, and that you also take time to comment with your own. Long story short, thank you from the bottom of my heart; thank you. <3 






What are you thankful for this holiday season? Let me know in the comments below and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving season!

Happy reading!

3 comments

  1. <3

    I'm thankful for you, too, Talina! You're a sweet, sweet girl, and you're definitely going places in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving hun! Love ur blog and coming here to read from new debut authors and so glad you're doing all of this for those debuts <3

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Talina. Never change, baby girl! :* <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams