Nov 19, 2015

| ARC Review | Fire Falling by Elise Kova


Title: Fire Falling
Author: Elise Kova
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantassy
Release Date: November 19th, 2015
Publisher:  Silver Wing Press
RATING: 4.5 BLAZING STARS!
ADD TO GOODREADS
Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?

Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?
Elise Kova is taking the fantasy genre by storm with  the second installment of the Air Awakens series! This thrilling novel will have you on your toes the entire time, anticipating what will happen next!


Have you ever read a book that made your heart pound excitedly, a wide grin would always be plastered to your face or maybe a particular scene or two would break your heart and once you finished it, you didn't know what to do with your life? Well guess what? That was me while reading Fire Falling and I was most definitely questioning what I was going to do with my life, especially since this book left off on a major cliffhanger that broke my heart into two.

In this second installment, Kova's narrative style is straightforward and precise, creating an exciting, fast-paced story that is sure to capture even the most reluctant reader and makes this novel easily digestible in just a single sitting, which was exactly what I did. Kova has a way of sweeping you head first into her stories with the way she magnificently builds her worlds, and also by the way her fluent and graceful words connect with the reader and make them feel as if they are in the story themselves. 

With our main character, Vhalla was extremely compelling and due to her fierce intelligence, determination and strength of spirit, I connected with her more than I did in the first novel and I enjoyed getting to see her grow as a character. Another aspect that I loved was that there was a great mix of seeing Vhalla and the rest of the characters grow, but also plenty of action and twists that you don't see coming until it hits you square in the face. I truly enjoyed getting to see all of that and I still think Vhalla is such a kick ass, spunky, brave character and I am already anticipating what is going to happen next for her!

Now, ya'll know that I love me some steamy romance between characters and Elise definitely knows how to keep the flame burning! Aldrik and Vhalla were a sight for sore eyes and their chemistry, the way they cared for not only each other but also their loved ones, it didn't just bring a smile to my face, but it also made me love them even more. These two character have been through so much and yet they always seem to be there and to always find a way back to each other, and that's what I love most about their relationship. 

Fire Falling was a beautiful masterpiece that will grab you from the very first sentence and won't let go till the very last. From the wonderful world building, to the special details of the characters and their magic, this novel will leave you breathless and aching for more. Kova certainly knows how to hook a reader from the very first page, but be warned: the minute you start reading, you won't be able to stop! 






What are your thoughts guys? Are you a fan of the fantasy genre? If so, what are some of your favorites? If you're interested in reading this stunning series, feel free to check out my review for the first book, Air Awakens! Please don't be shy in leaving your thoughts down below! I always love reading your guys comments and I do my best in commenting back! :)


Happy reading!


1 comment :

  1. I love fantasy I have not read it in a while. I so want to find some time to read book 1 after so many lovely reviews. Can't believe you are already on book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!