S.F.D. Mission - Open Lettter to Debut Author - Dear Shannon M. Parker....



Welcome to Sassy's Fangirl Debuts, mission two! If you haven't already heard or you didn't receive the notice, (check out the file HERE!) Sassy's Fangirl Debuts (S.F.D. for short!) is a debut author street team that I put recently together in hopes to expand these debut authors audience.

This week, my team of highly trained agents have put together a mission that will rock yours and the wonderful debut authors socks off! So, please grab your favorite blogging time snack and keep on reading! 



Title: The Girl Who Fell
Author: Shannon M. Parker
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Release Date: March 1st, 2016
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
His obsession. Her fall. In this dark kissing book, high school senior Zephyr Doyle is swept off her feet—and into an intense relationship—by the new boy in school. Zephyr is focused. Focused on leading her team to the field hockey state championship and leaving her small town for her dream school, Boston College. But love has a way of changing things. Enter the new boy in school: the hockey team’s starting goaltender, Alec. He’s cute, charming, and most important, Alec doesn’t judge Zephyr. He understands her fears and insecurities—he even shares them. Soon, their relationship becomes something bigger than Zephyr, something she can’t control, something she doesn’t want to control. Zephyr swears it must be love. Because love is powerful, and overwhelming, and…terrifying? But love shouldn’t make you abandon your dreams, or push your friends away. And love shouldn’t make you feel guilty—or worse, ashamed. So when Zephyr finally begins to see Alec for who he really is, she knows it’s time to take back control of her life. If she waits any longer, it may be too late.



Dear Shannon M. Parker and The Girl Who Fell,

Shannon, my dear friend, I think a huge congratulations is in order right now. The Girl Who Fell is your forthcoming novel and I am so thrilled to know that it will be out in the wild in just a few short months! Writing a book is definitely no easy feat (coming from a girl who is has tried writing as many as twelve novels and also whose mom is an author!) and I am so happy for you and all that you have accomplished with GIRL! Though I have yet to read your work, I am terribly excited for it, and the only question running through my mind right now is: can March come ANY quicker? 

Just a few short months ago, I was skimming around on Goodreads to look at the new and upcoming contemporary releases in '16 when I suddenly came across your book. Your cover caught my eye instantly because it screamed seductive and intriguing and I applaud the cover artist because it is one of my absolute favorite covers for the year 2016! Not only was I in love with your cover, but also the synopsis. I have yet to read a dark, young adult contemporary that will have me hooked from the very first paragraph and turning page after page in anticipation, and I think your debut novel will provide just that for me. 


One of the things I am most excited about to read from The Girl Who Fell is getting to meet the main character and seeing how she will handle the situations that will be thrown at her. Not only that, but I am also intrigued to see how you will weave love, loss, hope and pain into it all; in short, I am very interested!

With reviews and praise from authors and friends whose opinions I trust, like my dear friend Colette with her review (" Though a heart-wrenching story, every word comes across so perfectly and the difficult subject manner is handled with grace, doing justice to the major issue at hand.") is there any wonder why your book is on my most anticipated of 2016? 

Shannon, there are simply no words to describe how happy and excited I am for you and your debut novel. For the last few months, you have shined a light on the entire community with your positive energy and your cheerfulness not only for your book but as well as the other debut's and I can't express in words how wonderful it is to see such great support in this community. You truly are an amazing person and I am thrilled to call you my friend. Once again, congratulations on your debut. I know it will rock the book world. <3

With love,

Talina





Don't forget to check out the rest of the agents open letters to twenty one other debut authors!


 Talina @ Sassy & Dangerous 



Happy reading!



15 comments

  1. OMG. I saw this one on your WOW post the other day, and I added it to my TBR!

    Your letter is beautiful, Talina! It makes me want to stalk people until I can get my hands on an ARC of this book! It's definitely being read next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did! Doesn't it sound A-M-A-Z-I-N-G?! I need it pronto! Aww, thank you so much Erin! Hahahah girl, you and me both! We shall stalk together! ;D

      Delete
  2. I follow Shannon on twitter and I love communicating with debut authors, they're so lovely! Love this feature xx
    Naomi@The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love communicating with debut authors too! They are so fun to talk to about anything and I always love finding new books! Thank you so much for stopping by! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I didn't know your mom is an author, Talina?! That's amazing!
    I truly can't wait for this story too; a destructive relationship is oh too common these days in real life and a totally different outlook on romance in YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is! She writes some sexy romance novels, haha! I'm very proud to call her my mom. :) I really am excited for this book and I'm happy that you are too! I'm really curious to see how the main character will finally take back control of her life. It's going to be interesting for sure!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful letter Talina! If I didn't already want to read this book, you would have definitely changed my mind.

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jamie! It makes me smile to know that you think my letter is that influential. :)

      Delete
  5. It seems like ya handles tough subjects better than any other genre. One of my very favorite books is Speak, which also handles a very difficult topic. This book is going on my life for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to look that way, doesn't it? I've never heard of the novel Speak, but I'll definitely look it up now! :) Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Aw, great letter, Talina! This was such a fun mission and I can't wait to do more :). I definitely agree-- this cover is one of the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl! It definitely was and I can't wait either! <3 Doesn't it look gorgeous?! I love it! <3

      Delete
  7. Wow, dark YA contemporary?! GIVE IT TO ME. What an awesome letter, Talina! I'm now excited to read this book. Also, I LOVE that cover. It's perfect. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! MY SAME REACTION, hahaah! Thank you so much girl! Hopefully we can get our hands on a copy soon and maybe fangirl over it together! ;D It truly is! Simon did an amazing job on it!

      Delete
  8. Wow, dark YA contemporary?! GIVE IT TO ME. What an awesome letter, Talina! I'm now excited to read this book. Also, I LOVE that cover. It's perfect. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams