Talina Recommends - Young Adult Romance!

Happy Friday!


For the past few weeks now, I've been wanting to add something new to Sassy & Dangerous. I feel as though I always post reviews or book tours and that might seem a little boring to you guys, my readers. So I started brainstorming on ways to make my blog a little bit more unique and fun and I came up with a cool idea!

Every Friday I will be posting a segment called Talina Recommends where I recommend four books of a certain genre. Occasionally, I'll switch it up with some e-book deals on Amazon!

For this week's segment of Talina Recommends, I will be talking about Young Adult Romance! Continue scrolling to see this week's picks! :)





Title: Sacrificed (The Last Oracle #1)
Author: Emily Wibberley
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Release Date: February 13th, 2015
Publisher:  Paranoid Productions

BUY LINKS: | Amazon |
Knowing the future can save her city - but not her heart.

Born to serve the merciless Oracle, Clio wants nothing more than to break free. But when her entire family is murdered by Mannix, the king's adviser, Clio inherits the Oracle's power, a power she never wanted and doesn't understand.

Hunted by Mannix, Clio is forced to flee her home in Sheehan and seek refuge in a foreign city where oracles are forbidden. If she's found out, she will be sacrificed atop its great pyramid.

Clio has no choice but to win the trust of Riece, an enemy warrior. Despite the undeniable attraction between them, Clio knows that if he finds out who she really is, he won't hesitate to execute her.

Clio tries to hide her budding powers, but the Visions she keeps having of Mannix and his barbarian army slaughtering her people torture her conscience. She alone has the strength and foresight to stop him, but only if she can embrace her destiny and sacrifice everything.


The romance in Sacrificed was an aspect that I loved and did not want to stop reading. The author had a way of writing that you just had to know what happened next, and I was dying to know what would happen between the two love interests, Clio and Riece! If you are looking for a good fantasy/romance novel, you need to pick this one up! You can read more of my review, HERE. :)


Title: Temptation (Book #1)
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Chick-Lit
Release Date: June 26th, 2012
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

BUY LINKS:Amazon | B&N |
Your heart misleads you.

That's what my friends and family say.

But I love Noah. And he loves me.

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms.

             It should be ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be.

                                 Because he's Amish. And I'm not.

Diving into this book, the two characters hit it off immediately. What's the problem then? Our male lead is Amish and our female lead isn't. Forbidden romance? Count me in! I loved the chemistry between these two characters and how they would fight through almost anything to be together. If you are interested in a quick, fun romance novel, then I would HIGHLY recommend picking this one up! You can read more of my review, HERE. :)


Title: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: July 31st, 2012
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

BUY LINKS: Amazon | B&N |
So wrong for each other …and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


I read Pushing the Limits not too long ago and it was one of my favorite 2014 reads! Not only did I love the two main characters, Noah and Echo, but I also loved the romance! The author definitely got me hooked on it like a drug and I will be sure to pick up Breaking the Rules, Noah and Echo's second story! 


Title: Play of Light
Author: Debra Doxer
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: December 8th, 2014
Publisher:  Self-Published

BUY LINKS: | Amazon |
I lived in paradise, and I loved Spencer Pierce.

At fourteen, my life was perfect. The beach was my playground, and the boy who stole my heart lived just around the corner. But perfect never lasts. In one horrifying moment, I lost it all. My family was destroyed, and the boy I believed in turned his back on me. Paradise became a nightmare.

That was five years ago. Everything changed when we moved from our home by the sea. I’ve changed, and I don’t like who I’ve become. I miss the smiling, carefree beach girl who disappeared that terrible night. I want to find her again. I want to face the people we ran from so long ago. Most of all, I have to face Spencer. So I can prove that when he broke my heart, he didn’t break me.

But when I see him again, Spencer Pierce is no longer the boy from my memories. He’s now a man who could devastate me if I let him. He watches me when he thinks I’m not looking. There’s regret written on his face when he’s near. Each time I see him, my heart aches for what might have been, and I think his does too. How can I convince myself I’m over him when I suspect he never got over me


Play of Light was definitely an emotional roller coaster for me, especially the romance. I've never felt so connected with characters in a book than with these two main ones. Even though I felt as if the younger version of our female protagonist seemed a bit pushy and naive at times, I loved seeing her develop and to see how her relationship built with our male lead. If you are looking for an easy romantic novel, I highly suggest trying this one out! You can read more of my review, HERE. :)




Those are my YA Romance picks! What are yours? I'd love to know what you'd recommend so please feel free to leave a comment below! 


Happy reading!


8 comments

  1. Thanks for the great recs! I'll have to check them out :) It might be cool too of you posted the kindle price for each book next to the buy link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! They are definitely worth it. :) Oh, that's a great tip! I'll add it to this post soon. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. So you already know that you have me dying to read Temptation, but I think I might have to give Katie McGarry a chance now too. I still haven't read anything by her, even though she's literally everywhere in the YA blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never read Katie McGarry?! :O Erin! You need to start reading one of her books soon! I can't wait to hear what you think of Pushing the Limits if you pick it up. :D

      Delete
  3. The two books that most caught my eye was Play of Light and Sacrificed! Both have gorgeous covers and even better synopsis. I'm definitely buying a copy asap. I also am intrigued by Temptation, they take me back to those days my mom devoured Amish Christian romance :) Thanks for sharing Talina! Love this feature x :)

    Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous, aren't they? They're my favorite covers! I can't wait to hear what you think on both of them! :) I do hope you give Temptation a shot. It was a really good YA romance and I'm sure you'll love it. Thank you so much, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits as well! I have Sacrificed as an e-arc for review, and now I'm definitely more excited to pick it up. I'll definitely be checking out Temptation and Play of Light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. osez putain me nike air max 2015 pas cher frapper. nike air max 2015 pas cher Fit quelques pas en face de pas cher rugit. Vos yeux ont vu ce que je te nike air max 2015 pas cher frappe. nike air max 2015 pas cher Tout le nike air max 2015 pas cher monde rit, furieux, regarde autour de lui pour trouver les auteurs, juste pour voir le jour regarder en sifflant pas cher. pas cher, vous pas cher pas le regarder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams