| Review | Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost

Happy Wednesday!

Okay...the UPS man has not been here in about a week and half. I've already sent my hell hound after him. He should be back shortly. *evil grin*

It is only Wednesday, yet I am already wishing it was Friday. I've been so busy with reading books, contacting publishers/authors about interviews and blog tours, writing up reviews and all of this stuff. And I'm loving it. Even though I my brain feels like it get's fried half the time I do this, I love being apart of this community and having something to occupy my time with.

Now before I really start talking, I'm going to shut up now and let you read my latest review.Also, there is a giveaway at the bottom of this post so don't skip out on that! Enjoy! :)


Title: Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost
Author: Iain Reading
Genre: Young Adult, Adventure
Release Date: September 10th, 2013
Publisher: CreateSpace

MY RATING: 5 GREEN GUMDROPS! 
Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost is the exciting second installment in a new series of adventure mystery stories that are one part travel, one part history and five parts adventure. This second book in the series continues the adventures of Kitty Hawk, an intrepid teenage pilot who has decided to follow in the footsteps of her hero Amelia Earhart and make an epic flight around the entire world. After flying across North America Kitty's journey takes her down south to Florida where she plans to get a bit of rest and relaxation before continuing on with the rest of her long and grueling flight.

As Kitty explores the strange and magical water world of the Florida Keys her knack for getting herself into precarious situations sweeps her headlong into the adventure of a lifetime involving mysterious lights, ancient shipwrecks, razor-toothed barracudas and even a sighting of the great Ernest Hemingway himself.

This exhilarating story will have armchair explorers and amateur detectives alike anxiously following every twist and turn as they are swept across the landscape and history of the Florida Keys all the way from Key West to the strange and remarkable world of Fort Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas.

Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost is a perfect book to fire the imaginations of readers of all ages. Filled with fascinating and highly Google-able locations and history this book will inspire anyone to learn about and experience as much of our amazing world as they can - just like Kitty Hawk herself.



Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost was yet another thrilling adventure in this series! Full of mystery, treasure and ghosts, this second installment will surely keep you on your toes!


(Literally how I feel about this book)

Just before I started to read this book, I was in a bundle of excitement and nervousness. Excitement because I wanted to read about Kitty's next adventure, and nervous because sometimes the second book isn't always as good as the first book in the series. But I was completely wrong...this book was even better than the first!

Diving into the book, we see Kitty preparing for her next adventure: flying around the entire world like her hero, Amelia Earhart. But before her long adventure, she decides to take a small vacation in Miami, Florida  with her parents. 

After her two week vacation with her family, she heads up to Key West, Florida to have her own little vacation. Not wanting to spend her entire vacation lazying around, she flies up to Fort Jefferson and Dry Tortugas, just a few miles away from Key West. But of course, trouble follows Kitty and she's scooped up into yet another thrilling adventure...

For me, everything about this book was absolutely mind blowing. I just couldn't put it down, not even for sleep! One of the things I was most excited to read about was the history/information. Being a history nerd myself, I always love learning something new and I learned a lot from this book! I most definitely enjoyed reading information about The Hemingway Museum, the six-toed cats, (amazing, right?) The Pilar and so much more.

In just a short amount of pages, I could already vividly imagine what was going on and that thrilled me. That is one of the things I love about reading. It's like you are watching a TV show or movie inside your own head, but you get to picture how they look by the authors descriptions and that was exactly how I felt when reading this! I loved the detail Reading put into his book, especially the one scene of Kitty hearing a typewriter inside of Hemingway's writing room. If I remember that one scene, then yes, I am truly amazed!

With the characters, I was definitely compelled to them, especially our main protagonist, Kitty. In this book, she is still as charming, smart, funny and of course, kick ass as she was in the first book! 

Throughout this entire book, I would find myself wanting to be her, scuba diving in the clear blue waters of Dry Tortugas, solving the mysteries of sunken ships and finding beautiful treasure at the bottom of the ocean. Who wouldn't want that kind of adventure?! I definitely saw a great development in this character and I'm excited to see how she is in the third book!

I also loved Kitty's sweet friendship between Jack and Jodi, a couple she met on her vacation in Key West. They both had me smiling from ear to ear, especially Jack. 

Another one of my favorite things about this book was how at the end, the author puts a lovely section of furthering reading for the information/history that was mentioned in the book. Definitely something that young readers (and even adults) will love.  

Overall, Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost is a quick, fun read and you will not be disappointed! Anyone who is fan of history, mysteries and humor will surely love this book! I'm definitely looking forward to starting the third installment. 




What do you guys think? Would you love to go on an adventure like this? I know I would! Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below. Don't forget, I am holding a giveaway to win SIX print copies and SIX e-book copies of Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold! It ends May 20th, so don't forget to enter today. Click HERE to enter! 


Happy reading!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams