Mar 31, 2015

| Review | Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

Happy Tuesday!


It's been a very long and stressful day. Not only does my body hate me, but so does the UPS man because he still hasn't come yet with my packages. I swear, if I don't see him tomorrow, I'm sending my hell hound after him. Do not mess with a girl and her books...

But one good thing happened to me today...I finished this review! It literally took me three days to figure out what I thought about this book and I finally got it. Enjoy reading! :)



Title: Temptation (Book #1)
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Chick Lit
Release Date: June 26th, 2012
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

MY RATING. 4.5 STARS!
Your heart misleads you.

That's what my friends and family say.

But I love Noah. And he loves me.

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms.

It should be ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be.

Because he's Amish. And I'm not.


If you are ever in need of a good YA forbidden romance novel, Temptation is your book! 


The minute my package came with all three books, (thank you once again, Karen!) I immediately dove into the first book and I never wanted to come out of it. 

I normally don't read Chick-Lit or Amish novels, but I was definitely excited to give this one a try, and I'm glad I did! The author truly did a wonderful job on re-searching the Amish lifestyle and it felt as if I was in the community itself, being able to witness their lifestyle. 

I also loved how the author switched POV's between the two main characters, Rose and Noah. It was interesting to read the story from an Amish perspective, but also from an outsiders perspective. 

Hopkins had a way of writing that captured you from the very beginning and would not let go. The book had a slow pace to it, with some very detailed out pages, but it was something that I enjoyed the most about this book. The slow pace gave the characters and the plot a chance to develop, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Following her mother's death, Rose and her family move from Cincinnati, to Meadowview, Ohio. Unfortunately for the teenagers, their new home is located in the countryside... with an Amish community not too far from their new house.

Rose has lost everything: her mother, her friends, and ever so slowly, she's starting to lose her father and brothers. But everything changes for Rose once she sets her eyes on Noah; her strong, and downright handsome, Amish neighbor that can't have anything to do with an English girl. But that doesn't stop them from falling head over heels in love...

I had a love/hate relationship between Rose. At first, I liked her character. She was feisty, she had a sense of humor, and she was also very protective of her family and friends, which I loved. But, I also found her to be naive and always whining about something, and that's why I had a bit of a hard time connecting with her.

There were moments in the book where she'd be angry or upset about one thing, and then the next she'd be in Noah's arms, saying sorry and begging for his forgiveness, and to be frank, that confused and annoyed me a lot. I always love a strong, independent heroine, but I just couldn't see that in this character.  

All in all, even though I didn't like Rose as much as I hoped I would, she still was a good, enjoyable character and I'm excited to share with you what I thought about her in the second book! 

With Noah, I enjoyed him a bit more than I did Rose. He was a smart, hardworking and handsome guy so, of course I was instantly drawn to him and I would always anticipate reading his POV. 

I found him to be so sweet and charming, and even with his sexist comments, I wasn't bothered because I understood that he grew up with different beliefs from mine and a lot of other people. The only thing that truly bothered me was how he was so positive about the fact that Rose could give up her entire life for him, and but he would never, consider wanting to change his lifestyle for her.

Regardless, I truly enjoyed Noah in this book and I'm also excited to share with you what I thought about him in the second book! 

Overall, Temptation was a delightful, quick read full of love, passion, tradition and most importantly, family. I would high recommend this book to anyone who loves a good forbidden romance! 



What do you guys think? Will you be picking up this forbidden romance or have you already read it? Feel free to leave your thoughts below! :)


Happy reading!


4 comments :

  1. Great review, Talina! :) I think I'll add this one to my TBR
    ~Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the content of this book as well as the writing style was able to draw you in! I have heard amazing things about this author and have some of her books on my TBR. I fully intend to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! I loved the concept of the story, the style and everything. Even when I get into bed, I would anxiously wonder what would happen next, haha! I can't wait to hear what you think about this series! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!