Feb 6, 2015

| Review | The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

Happy Friday!


I am seriously on a reading roll right now! I've read fourteen books this year so far and I'm quite amazed at that! For the books that I really am interested in, it will only take me a day or two to finish them. I've only read one short book and that was, Dewi and the Seeds of Doom by Maggie Lyons, which you can check out my review for it right HERE. :)

I'm also on a reviewing roll as well! I've written up at least six reviews the past week and I still need to finish up writing six more! Yikes!

For this post, I was going over the books that I've read before but haven't reviewed, and I came across this book. I wanted to post something today so I thought I'd give a short review on it! Enjoy reading and don't forget to leave a comment below! :)


Title: The Secret Diamond Sisters (Book #1)
Author: Michelle Madow
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Chick Lit
Release Date: February 25th, 2014
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

MY RATING: 4 FANTASTIC DIAMONDS!
Savannah. Courtney. Peyton.

The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past.



The Secret Diamond Sisters is the first book that I read from Michelle Madow and it certainly won't be the last! I came across this book a month after it came out and I picked it up immediately because how it caught my attention. I wasn't a book blogger at the time so I didn't review it, but after noticing that I haven't reviewed it, I decided I NEEDED to! 

I can definitely see how readers compare this to Gossip Girl. Even though I didn't watch the entire show or read all of the books, it did share a resemblance with how; throughout the book we would see little sections of the schools online website where students would post rumors. It definitely entertained me and made me want to turn the page.

I also loved how the author was able to write a POV for each sister. I loved all three sisters, but I think my favorite one would have to be Peyton. Even though I liked Courtney as well (hello, she's a bookworm! Who doesn't love characters that love books?!), I leaned more toward Peyton. 

I loved how open minded she was, and that little streak of rebellion in her! Savannah on the other hand, didn't quite capture me as the other two sisters had. She seemed a little naive and sometimes would make me roll my eyes.

Madow's writing is very unique and a page turner. I still remember how annoyed I got that I had to put this down for either sleep or to eat! That's how much this book captured me!

I felt as if I was in the book itself, experiencing everything with the three main characters. After reading The Secret Diamond Sisters, I understood why people were talking about it...heck, I was even talking about it! I have read the second book, but so I will be posting my review on it very soon!

If you are wanting to read a Young Adult novel filled with love, power, lies and jealously, you NEED to pick this book up. I guarantee you will not be disappointed! This book was a quick, easy and fun read and it will be on my re-read list for a long time!


What do you guys think? Have you picked up your copy? Did you end up reading it and liking it? Or was it not your cup of tea? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Happy reading!



4 comments :

  1. I really want to read this series as it has some positive reviews out there! If it is a bit like Gossip Girl I am in, brilliant review!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It was a great book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I have seen this book around in a few places, but I am very much a cover reader and the cover to this bothered me for some reason xD But now I have seen far too many positive reviews to push it away, and with yours it has slipped onto my TBR! I like the idea of the switching POVs between the two sisters and I am looking forward to reading this :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of felt the same way with this book. The cover didn't really draw me in, but after awhile, I kind of liked it, so I picked it up and I'm glad I did! I can't wait to see what you think if you pick up!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!