Feb 6, 2015

| Review | Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow

Happy Saturday!

I'm here with yet another review and it will be for the second book to the Secret Diamond Sisters's series!

I read this not too long ago, but I didn't review it because I had so much going on in the month of November and decided I could find the time to do it later on. Enjoy reading and don't forget to leave me your thoughts below! :)


Title: Diamonds in the Rough (Book #2)
Author: Michelle Madow
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Chick-Lit
Release Date: October 28th, 2014
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

MY RATING: 4 FANTASTIC DIAMONDS!
All-access doesn't mean no problems.

The three Diamond sisters survived the summer in style after coming to live with their long-lost billionaire father. But making a place for themselves at their exclusive new Las Vegas private school is throwing them any number of gold-plated curves. Savannah's YouTube stardom turns into a Sweet Sixteen reality show extravaganza--with complimentary enemies on the side. Dangerous flirtations don't keep Peyton from a gamble that will risk far more than she planned to bet. And when Courtney and the sisters' archenemy, Madison, uncover two explosive secrets, it will rock even this town of glittering illusion--and turn their lives upside down all over again.

Michelle Madow's book's just keep getting better and better! Everything about this book from the drama, to the romance, to the characters, was a mind blowing experience! 

If you read my review for the first book in this series, you will know that I LOVED it, and I feel the absolute same way about the second book!

The author's writing definitely developed more in this book and it is, of course, a great thing! After reading the first book in the series, I fell in love with how the author portrayed this book; very flirty, very descriptive and full of drama. 

I've never been to Vegas before, but after reading this book, I feel like I've been many times! The author has such a way with portraying the scenery, the hotels, and everything else in this book, that it makes you feel like you're going along in this fantastic ride.

I also loved how the author could write about so many characters in the book, yet still keep the readers focus on the Diamond sisters. I, once again, felt like I was in the book watching from the sidelines. 

In the first book it's very lighthearted and leaning towards getting to know the characters and what's gonna happen to them in the series. But this book smacks you in the face the minute you open it!

The characters in this story experience more development, some of which came as a surprise to me. The romance aspect is also a nice surprise, some of which had me smiling like an idiot! 

The romance in this story is one of my favorite of what parts of this book. I love seeing how the sisters are when they are interacting with their guys. It was a great page turner for me!

I definitely enjoyed Courtney a lot more in this book than the last. Peyton and Savannah were alright. They did annoy me at times, but I still enjoyed reading about them.

The end of the book left me surprised and wanting more! I'm excited to read the next installment of the Diamond sisters and I can't wait to see what will happen! 

I definitely would recommend picking the series up if you are interested in a fun YA book filled with secrets, drama, and spicy romance!

What do you guys think? Have you picked up this book? Did you enjoy it or was it not your cup of tea? Let me know in the comments below!


Happy reading!


3 comments :

  1. Wow, this sounds as if it was a brilliant continuation to the novel and that you can't get enough of the series! I love when the authors writing style improves by the next book because it makes for an even better experience! And the setting must be done really well if you feel like you have visited a place you've never been to before afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!