Jan 28, 2015

|Review| Never Never by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher

Happy Wednesday!


The past week and a half has been sort of stressful in my head. I know it sounds weird, but, I've had so many things going on inside my head that I feel like it's going to explode. I completely lost my creative spark and that's one of the reasons why I haven't posted anything the past few days. Instead, I threw myself into books and music and just tried to bring my writing spark back. After a battle between Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith songs, and also reading ten books this month, I think I got my creativity back!

So I am here today with one out of a few reviews that I will be posting today! Continue scrolling for my review of Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher!






Title: Never Never - Part One
Author: Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery
Release Date: January 7th, 2015
Publisher:  Hover Ink

MY RATING: 4.5 STARS!
"How odd to be made of flesh, balanced on bone, and filled with a soul you've never met."
   
Charlize Wynwood and Silas Nash have been best friends since they could walk.  They've been in love since the age of fourteen.
But as of this morning...they are complete strangers.
Their first kiss, their first fight, the moment they fell in love...every memory has vanished.

"I don't care what our real first kiss was," he says. "That's the one I want to remember."

Charlize and Silas must work together to uncover the truth about what happened to them and why.  But the more they learn about the couple they used to be...the more they question why they were ever together to begin with.

"I want to remember what it feels like to love someone like that. And not just anyone.  I want to know what it feels like to love Charlie."



This is the first time I've read a Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher book...and it won't be the last! When I saw this on Amazon, I just knew I had to buy it. Like I said, it was the first book I read by both of these authors, so I crossed my fingers that I wouldn't be disappointed...and I wasn't! 

Diving into this story, I was a little bit confused. I had no idea what was happening, but it intrigued me to see what the authors had planned. 

I thought the writing was beautifully written, and every time the POV switched between the two main characters, it felt as if one author was writing the book instead of two. I clung to every word and every scene between the characters and that is what amazes me with Hoover's and Fisher's work; it demands to be read. (See what I did there? ;) )

The book is about two high schoolers, Charlie and Silas. They have no reconciliation of who they are, who their friends and family are and what happened the night before. They try to pick up as much information as they can from the people around them, including how Charlie and Silas are a couple. They soon find out that they are both experiencing the same thing and they try to work together to figure out what is happening to them. 


“How odd to be made of flesh, balanced on bone, and filled with a soul you’ve never met.”

Let's start with Charlie first. Every time I read her POV, I wasn't completely drawn into it as I had hoped. My interest to this character wasn't really there and for that, I was kind of disappointed. I wanted her to do more, and to say more, yet, she didn't. I did; however, love the tough girl act she had going on, which would make me smile from time to time.

Overall, she was an okay character, but, I'm hoping in the second book that the author develops her even more. 

“I’m gonna make you fall in love with me again.” I can see the gentle roll of her throat as she swallows, but just as fast as she let her guard down, it flies back up."



If someone were to ask me who is my favorite book boyfriend, I would say Silas, hands down. Silas is everything you could ask for in a book boyfriend: handsome, smart, charming, and a smile that will make you melt. 

I definitely felt a strong urge to read his POV's more than Charlie's. Something about the way Hoover writes... it just captures me! 

I can't say much about these two characters because we really couldn't see in depth to who they really were, but, all in all, Hoover and Fisher have captured my complete attention! 



Jensen Ackles represents the authors, and the kid represents us; the readers. I'm sorry, but how could you do that to us?! That ending made my stomach go all crazy and my brain to explode. *scratches head and sighs* Still looking for it though... 



This was literally me after finding out when the second part was coming out! Still, four months is a long time...I don't think it's too soon to request the second part for review, right? ;) 


What do you guys think?  Have you read this one? Will you be picking it up if you haven't? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear your thoughts! 




Happy reading!


8 comments :

  1. Very lovely review! I love Jensen Ackles too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I loved this book, too, and I CANNOT wait until part two comes out in May. (: Love the gifs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer! I'm so glad you loved it too! I seriously can't believe we have to wait till May! *groans and bangs head on wall* Just give me the freaking book already, haha! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to read this book and I feel like it's going to mess with my feels so much! Awesome review, Talina! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me...it will! I can't wait to see what you think once you read it. Aw, thank you Blessie! :)

      Delete
  4. I am glad you liked this one because I have been seeing a few mixed reviews and wanted to know what you thought here! I haven't read a book by Colleen Hoover so I should really try one. It's nice to know the switching of POVs worked for this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book wasn't my favorite (I've read everything by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn FIsher, individually) but I do want to find out what happens and can't wait for book 2! I HIGHLY recommend the Love Me WIth Lies series by Tarryn Fisher!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!