|Review| Dewi and the Seeds of Doom by Maggie Lyons

Happy Friday!

Every time I write a post here, I always happy whatever day it is. Today has not been filled with happiness. It's been filled with tons of toilet paper and sneezing...from me. Just four and a half weeks after I got done with a previous cold!


I don't get it. The minute I woke up and felt that I had a sore throat, I knew I was in trouble. But now I am drinking a hot tea and trying to write. It's kinda hard to when your head is throbbing in pain. But, I'm gonna try!

Today I had the oppurtunity to read Dewi and the Seeds of Doom by Maggie Lyons, which was provided by Mother Daughter Book Reviews.


Title: Dewi and the Seeds of Doom
Author: Maggie Lyons
Genre: Children's, Adventure
Release Date: October 2012
Publisher:  Halo Publishing International

MY RATING: 4 FIRE FIRE BREATHING STARS!
When Dewi is clobbered by a falling rat, the nosy Welsh dragon snoops his way into a challenging predicament. Helped by a toad with a passion for chemical wart cures, Dewi discovers that a megalomaniac baron is secretly breeding mutant corn at an unfriendly castle. To thwart the genetically modified-corn baron’s sickening plan, he must use moxie and firepower in a series of catastrophe-skirting capers.



Dewi and the Seeds of Doom will definitely be something I read to my future kids one day! I had not read the blurb of this, so I was diving into this book fully blind...and I liked what I read! 

In the first page of the book, we come across Dewi, a fire breathing dragon. Out of nowhere, a rat comes falling from the sky, and Dewi, being the kind and loving dragon he is, rescues it by taking it to his friend Squiffy the water vole. 

Soon enough, Dewi finds out that his rat friend (which he names Bomber), has been poisoned along with many other rats. Wanting to be the brave and kind dragon he aspires to be, he sets out with the help of his friend, a toad named Mr. Jones to try and get evidence to put away the evil man behind it all.

The author's writing is definitely intriguing for kids all ages and possibly even for adults! I read this book in one sitting and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The story went at a fast pace, which was enjoyable for me, and I'm sure for many other readers out there.

I loved how the author showed how important it was to show kindness to others, to be brave and fearless, but to also be smart. 

Dewi and the Seeds of Doom was filled with action, adventure, kindness, mystery and just a nice little coat of humor; a book filled with things that every child wants! 

The only thing that bothered me; however, was how it was slightly advanced, especially since this book is aimed for young readers. 

Overall, it was a quick, fun read and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an action and mystery filled book! 


What do you guys think? Would you read this? Or would you read it to a younger sibling(s)? Let me know in the comments below! 


Happy reading!



1 comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams