| ARC Review | All Fall Down by Ally Carter!

Happy Thursday!

Ah, today has been a very good day. No school today, which felt good. Did a kick ass work out and it also felt good. Even though I felt like it was kicking me!

The entire week has just been a jumbled mess in my brain. In my previous post, I mentioned that I was joining in on a discussion challenge..well, I've got an idea in my head. I just don't know whether I want to start a booktube channel and post the discussion on there or in a blog post.

The past few days I've been considering making a booktube channel. I've always been a shy person, but I'm curious to know how I would be on video..with hundreds of people watching me. What? Who says I'm nervous? I'm not nervous! *eye twitch* Either way, I'm going to take one of my parents laptop this weekend, record a video, edit it and then we shall see how that goes!

For this review, I'm wanting to try a different format. I'm starting not to like the way I do my reviews, so I'm thinking of changing it up a bit. Let me know what you guys think below?

Also, what do you think of the banner? I wanted to do something fun in Photoshop and I like the results! Let me know what you guys think in the comments!




Title: All Fall Down (Embassy Row#1)
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: Young Adult, Spy Thriller, Mystery
Release Date: February 20th, 2015
Publisher:  Scholastic Press

RATING: 5 GOLDEN STARS
Grace Blakely is absolutely certain of three things:

1. She is not crazy

2. Her mother was murdered

3. Someday she is going to find the killer and make him pay

As certain as Grace is about these facts, nobody else believes her - so there's no one she can completely trust. Not her grandfather, a powerful ambassador. Not her new friends, who all live on Embassy Row. Not Alexei, the Russian boy next door, who is keeping an eye on Grace for reasons she neither likes nor understands.

Everybody wants Grace to put on a pretty dress and a pretty smile, blocking out all her unpretty thoughts. But they can't control Grace - no more than Grace can control what she knows or what she needs to do. Her past has come back to haunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down..


Ally Carter has done it again! From the story to the cover, everything about All Fall Down is exciting and sure to keep you on your toes! 

When I received this for review, I was overjoyed. I have read the entire series of the Gallagher Girls, and to have another book of Ally Carter in my hands..it felt like heaven. 

I dove into this book with excitement and I was not disappointed. The first few chapters; however, did leave me a little worried if I was going to end up liking the book or not. 

After a few chapters into the book, I could picture everything so vividly and that's what amazes me when reading Ally Carter's books. The worlds she creates, the characters she develops, it comes to life inside of my head and it's like I'm in that book, which of course, is a bonus for me. There were also moments where I would laugh out loud and of course, who doesn't love a little laughing here and there?

At the beginning of the book, we see Grace talking to Ms. Chancellor, the secretary of Grace's grandfather, who, of course, is the Ambassador for the United States. 

Grace is a sixteen year old girl, who unfortunately suffers a traumatic loss of her mother three years back. At first, I couldn't connect with Grace, which disappointed me. I wanted to connect with her from the very beginning, but I just couldn't. I felt like the author could have put more development into this character, but decided it was best not to. In the middle of the book; however, I started to feel that connection, and I liked her even more.  Grace was an interesting character, and I'm excited to see how she develops in the second book.

When meeting Ms. Chancellor the first time, the thought that came to my head was "is she going to be an evil accessory in this book?" But as I kept reading, it wasn't like that at all. She cared for the well being of Grace, and her grandfather, which was refreshing. I'm definitely hoping to see her in the next book.

The only thing I wish the author would have added, would be the romance. I'm always a sucker for romance, but there wasn't even a touch of it. The character Alexei, is Grace's brother's best friend. Grace used to hang around him as a kid, but after the death of her mother, their relationship had changed. 

Now, after three years, they meet, and at first, I don't like him. He seemed cocky and full of himself, but that wasn't the case. With his Russian accent, gorgeous blue eyes and black hair, you can't help but fall for him... even if he tends to be way overprotective! I truly hope we see more of him in the second book! 

Another male character was Noah, the son of Brazil and Israel's Ambassadors. He becomes Grace's best friend in literally twenty minutes! There was more of Noah than Alexei which is why I'm more fond of him. He was charming, handsome, and had a lot of humor in him! After he finds out about what happened to Grace's mom and who she thinks is the murderer, he does his best to help her...but, ends up getting hurt by Grace. But thankfully, they become friends yet again almost near the end of the book. I'm looking forward to seeing Noah in the second book! 

Overall, All Fall Down is a quick, amazing read that I couldn't put down..not even for sleep! Ally Carter has yet again amazed me with her world full of secrets, lies, and spies! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a great spy thriller. 


I received this book in exchange for an honest review.



What do you guys think? Will you be reading this book? Let me know in the comments below! 


Happy reading!


7 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation on Goodreads, Talina! A YA spy thriller? This looks sooo cool! Adding to my TBR ;D

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I thought you might be interested in something like that. I hope you end up liking it as much as I did! Also, how the heck do you make your blog name clickable?! I've been trying to figure that out for ages!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it, Talina! I was definitely more fond of Noah too but mostly because he just seems like he would be such a cool friend to have. I feel like Carter might go love take the triangle route in the next book with him and Alexei. I wouldn't mind that though. Love triangles don't really bother me.

    I feel like everyone is posting their reviews for it or reading their ARCs for All Fall Down now, and I can finally fangirl with people. lol

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already anxious for book two! He would, wouldn't he? He had the sense of humor, the personality, and the looks are a bonus ;) Yeah, I think All Fall Down was to navigate the character to finding out what really happened to her mom. But, now that she knows what really happened, it's possible there could be a love triangle in the second book. I'm freaking excited, haha! Yes, I felt the same way! After seeing everyone else post their reviews I thought it was time to start reading and reviewing it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams