Dec 23, 2014

A Darker Past (Darker Agency #2) by Jus Accardo | Review |

Happy Tuesday!


I finally decided to start reading this book, and even though I wasn't a fan of the first one, I got to say, Jus Accardo definitely caught my attention in the second book! Continue scrolling to read the review! 


Title: A Darker Past (Darker Agency #2)
Author: Jus Accardo
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: November 11th, 2014
Publisher:  Entangled Teen

MY RATING: 5 stars
The past is Darker than they thought...

Between helping her mother with the Darker Agency and laying the smack down on monster baddies, Jessie Darker puts the “normal” in paranormal. But lately, things have gotten a little crazy...even for a smart-assed half-demon teenage girl.

For starters, Jessie’s been contracted into fifty-five years of annoying servitude. To a demon. Then there’s Lukas Scott, her sexy new boyfriend. Once the former incarnation of Wrath, he’s been going through some...uh, changes. Like residual anger. And trading chaste hangouts for lusty make-out sessions.

But it’s when Lukas and Jessie accidentally release a Very Nasty Demon that things get really bad, setting into motion a chain of death and mayhem that threatens both Earth and the Shadow Realm. Jessie has exactly four days to fix it...before all of Hell breaks loose.


 When I read the first book in the series, Darker Days, I didn't quite like it.  But, Jus Accardo has finally won me over! It was a fast paced, action filled plot and I couldn't put the book down. The author managed to make the characters more likable for me.

I felt as if Jessie wasn't the same as in the first book, an annoying, obnoxious teenager. I actually enjoyed reading about her! I enjoyed reading her witty, sarcastic and sometimes giggle-out-loud comments. I also enjoyed reading the romance between Lukas and Jessie. There was more of it than in the first book, which made it even better! 

A Darker Past was a thrilling sequel and I can not wait to read the third book! 



Jessie: In the first book, I didn't like the way Jessie was. She was judgemental, she cussed like it was her job and she ignored her mother's and everyone else's warnings. But, in this book, I actually enjoyed reading about her. There were moments where I would giggle out loud and I loved that. I kept thinking that the author developed her characters even more and I'm impressed!  

And of course, every girl loves to read about the romance! I thought it was perfect. It had a bit of extra flare than the first book, with what was happening with Lukas, but man oh man did that bring a smile to my face! 





Lukas: Do I really have to say much about him? I can sum him up in three words. Mine. Mine. Mine. He is definitely on my book boyfriend list of 2014. He was the sweetest thing EVER. 

He protected Jessie throughout the entire book and I couldn't help turning my Kindle off and just staring at the wall..before jumping up and down like crazy. He's perfect, okay? Don't judge me! 


Valefar: I'm sorry, but if I have to choose between Lukas and Valefar, I want this guy for Christmas. Santa, I hope you're reading this! This guy had me cracking up almost every time he made an appearance and ARGH, I wish the author would make a novella about him! 



Overall, this book did not leave me disappointed! I enjoyed every minute of it and I can not wait for the third book! 

I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who is interested in young adult paranormal romance! You will not be disappointed!


Happy reading and happy holidays!








2 comments :

  1. Hmm...why is it that I have a thing about books that centered around demons? xD This book sounds like what I would like! Btw that Dean gif is so lovin it! xD Never hurt to see his face once awhile! xD
    The Book Ponderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hey, if I find a book with a hot guy that's a demon, I'm all for it! Haha, I'm so glad you love it! I'm watching Supernatural right now and I just can't help but sigh! ;)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!