Nov 9, 2014

Taste Test by Kelly Fiore |Review|

Happy Sunday!


If you guys have been reading my blogs, you'll know that three of my favorite shows are coming out tonight! I am so excited for all them. I spent half my day today writing up four blog posts, including this one and now I'm free to watch tv for the rest of the night! 

I finished this book not too long ago, but I was so busy with other things that I couldn't get around to writing the review. But today is the day that I finished it! Leave a comment below letting me know what you think! :)




Title: Taste Test
Author: Kelly Fiore
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Release Date: August 27th, 2013
Publisher: Walker Childrens
My Rating: 4 stars
If you can grill it, smoke it, or fry it, Nora Henderson knows all about it. She’s been basting baby back ribs and pulling pork at her father’s barbeque joint since she was tall enough to reach the counter. When she’s accepted to Taste Test, a reality-television teen cooking competition, Nora can’t wait to leave her humble hometown behind, even if it means saying good-bye to her dad and her best friend, Billy.

Once she’s on set, run-ins with her high-society roommate and the maddeningly handsome—not to mention talented—son of a famous chef, Christian Van Lorten, mean Nora must work even harder to prove herself.

But as mysterious accidents plague the kitchen arena, protecting her heart from one annoyingly charming fellow contestant in particular becomes the least of her concerns. Someone is conducting real-life eliminations, and if Nora doesn’t figure out who, she could be next to get chopped for good.

With romance and intrigue as delectable as the winning recipes included in the story, this debut novel will be devoured by all.





When I came across this book, I had to give it a go. I always love watching cooking shows, especially Hell's Kitchen, and I thought reading about it would be even better. The author definitely did a great job in cooking up a delicious novel and I certainly enjoyed it! It wasn't too salty and it wasn't too sweet! I'm sorry, but I had to. Can I get an applause for that intro? ;)




Nora: When I first met Nora, I thought she was quite interesting. I enjoyed reading the small bit of her background and her friend Billy, but, the minute she got to the school, my thoughts changed.

Nora was judgmental of everyone, she was a hypocrite and would sometimes come across as rude! When she met Christian, he was a bit of a smart ass. He judged her before getting to know her and it angered her, but she didn't even realize she was doing the same to him and everyone else!

                                                                           


When it came to her cooking, it didn't draw me in, as weird as that sounds. When reading about cooking, I want to be so interested that I will get up and start making that recipe! But with Nora.. I didn't feel that.

Even though I found her to be annoying from time to time, she was a fun character to read about.

Christian: Ooohh, bad boy on the outside but charming guy on the inside! I love Christian more than I loved Nora, that's for sure! Even when he was being an ass by insulting Nora's roots back home, her cooking, and almost smacking her with a door by closing it on her, I still loved his character.

With his cooking, I was only a little bit more interested than with Nora. Overall, I loved Christian and I wish there was going to be a second book!


Have you guys read this book before? If so, what did you think about it? If not, will you want to pick it up after reading my review? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Happy reading!



4 comments :

  1. I haven't read this one but it sounds like a cute contemp. I am glad that she didn't become so annoying it ruined the book. Hm... might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, let me know, I'd love to see what you thought about it! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a pretty good book overall and I like the sound of that! The characters sound interesting but it's a shame the cooking aspect didn't drive you in as much as you wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sucks I wasn't as drawn in as I had hoped. Hopefully I can find a few other books like these and maybe have better luck with them! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!