Oct 21, 2014

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter |Review|

Happy Tuesday!


First off, I just want to say that I know today is Tuesday and I am supposed to post something non book related, but I have been dying to post this review, and I just can't wait any longer! Alright, now that has been said.. :)

OH! On Sunday, I watched The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, AND Revenge  I literally peed my pants because of the excitement. OUAT was just awesome. I am in love with Mr. Gold and Hook. I also love that *spoiler alert!* Elizabeth Mitchell plays as the new snow queen! She is just perfect for the role! If looks could kill, I swear, Hook would be dead.

And to make the excitement even more awesome, I finally finished my review on the first book in the Gallagher Girl series! Keep on scrolling to read my review ;)





Title: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Adventure
Release Date: May st, 2006
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy Links: | Amazon | B&N |
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.









Ally Carter has created a lovely world of kick ass spies just for girls. When I first picked up this book, I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed..and I wasn't! I flew into this book with nothing but excitement and I loved every minute of it. The characters were beautifully written, there was cute humor and a touch of romance in it, and I loved it. This book was a fun, quirky read and I would recommend it to anyone!




Cammie: Like any other fifteen year old girls, Cammie is clueless about boys and so are her friends. After losing her dad, it's been a bit hard on her and her mom. But things start to spice up as a cute boy enters her life..

I loved Cammie. She was a complete blast. She was smart, funny, and full of adventure. She cared about the people around her and I found that to be refreshing from the previous books I've read.

I wasn't really into Josh as Cammie was though. He just didn't..click with me and even though I didn't like him as much, it was a cute relationship between the two.

When I was younger, I loved the idea of being a spy. Having these cool gadgets, wearing a kick butt outfit.. everything about being a spy, I wanted. Diving into this book, I fell in love with it. I felt as if I was Cammie and I was apart of that amazing world.



Bex & Liz: I LOVED these two! They were witty, fun, and they were some kick ass spies! With Bex, she was the more out-going type. She loved a challenge and I liked her character more than anyone else.

But with Liz, she was the shy little nerd and I found her to be adorable. She preferred to stay inside the lab and work with other things instead of being out in the field.


Overall, this was a quick, delightful read and I would recommend it to anyone who wants some adventure!

Let me know in the comments below if you've read this book and what you thought!


Happy reading!




4 comments :

  1. I have had this book for about a year now, and just haven't gotten around to reading it. Looks like such a fun read though, and your review confirms it! gotta read this soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It's a lighthearted read and I do hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to read this for so long, and now your review has made me all the more eager! I really have to find the time and get round to reading this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely need to pick it up and read it! I hope you liked it as much as I did! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!