Sassy's Beauty Tips!

Happy Tuesday!

Finally, that wrenched Monday is over with and Friday is getting closer!

It's almost October! You know what that means? The Walking Dead is finally going to be back! My face was just plain horror struck when I watched the last two episodes of the last season. And my face will continue to be horror struck if they make my Daryl gay! Can I get an Amen, my Walking Dead fans?

I'm pretty sure my fellow Netflix users have seen how Netflix will be taking down quite a few movies and tv shows. Even though they've taken a few of my favorite ones off, I am really excited to see Gilmore Girls being put on! I haven't been able to finish up the entire show, and now that's it's going to be on Netflix, I'll be able to finish it all!

Now, on for Tuesday's Topic.. ;)





Other than books and boys, I know lots of girls also love beauty related things! I know I love to go shopping and find the perfect pair of jeans and also browse through the make up aisle. 

For me, I prefer a light make up look. I'm not really interested in the caking of make up on my face, because let's be honest, I'll look like I just got ran over repeatedly. I also go for a simple hair do such as a pony tail, or just in a bun and a clip to hold my bangs back. 

Occasionally, I'll straighten my hair and just leave it down. But, living in a tropical area, that really isn't the brightest idea unless you want to look like a frizz poodle. 



My favorite make up product would have to be my Baby Lips. I always carry it in my purse where ever I go. I love how it makes my lips soft and adds just a little bit more color to them.

I also enjoy watching beauty guru's on youtube. I've picked up a lot of helpful tips from them, and I thought I would share them with you!

1. Mascara - When applying it, don't lower your chin. That's how the mascara get's on your lid. One of the things I've tried is, I take a small, thin make up brush, dab it into my mascara tube a bit, and then I gently brush it onto my lower lashes. Works like a charm! 

2. Shaving - Wait until after you shower to shave. The steam softens hairs for smoother results. I don't know if this is just me or something, but the day after I shave my legs they aren't even smooth anymore! I'm thinking of just bringing a razor in my purse and shaving my legs as I go along the store aisle's! 

3. Brows - Okay, we all knows this.. but, it is IMPORTANT to tweeze in the direction the hair grows. I don't do much to my eyebrows other than tweezing the weird out-of-place hairs. I'd look like a freak if I plucked a lot.

4. Eyes - Always use your ring finger to apply moisturizer or concealer to the eye area. It puts the least amount of pressure on the skin. After I found this tip, I started using my ring finger and it feels a lot softer than my index finger. 

5. Face - Powder is the only makeup applied with a downward motion—you do this to smooth down facial hairs. 










2 tsp of brown sugar

1/2 tsp honey or agave nectar

1 tsp olive oil

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

A small bowl

A small container


Directions:

1. In the mixing bowl, add your honey or agave nectar and then add your olive oil.

2. Slowly add in your brown sugar.

3. For the delicious smell, add in your vanilla extract and mix everything together till it is well combined.

Spoon the mixture into your little container.



Hope you enjoyed today's topic on beauty!



Happy reading!








2 comments

  1. I loveeeeee Baby Lips & the EOS lip balms! I'm so obsessed with my lips, they have to be nice, smooth and luscious looking lol. I've done a sugar scrub on my lips by simply mixing together sugar and petroleum jelly in a jar, but I haven't used brown sugar. I think I'm going to try your scrub instead lol. These were some great tips Talina, I don't use any powders, foundation, or concealers, but I def will use the scrub recipe. All I need is the vanilla extract and I'm good to go! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you have EOS lip balms! I can't seem to find those down here! Haha, yes, exactly how I feel too! Brown sugar works best. White sugar is tinier than brown, and not as strong when you exfoliate. Thank you for stopping by Tika! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams